According to a recent report, there are six new recommendations for incorporating security standards into the government’s acquisition process. Of these recommendations, one would ensure that agencies are only doing business with companies that comply with the security standards. In the past, President Obama has given the General Services Administration and Defense Department the task of providing recommendations on the, security benefits and merits of aligning cybersecurity standards with the acquisition process. The executive order also called on the agencies to provide steps for making consistent the existing cyber-related requirements for procurement.
The recommendations given were:
- Train the staff and government contractors on cybersecurity.
- Develop definitions for cybersecurity and other related terms
- Create and implement a cybersecurity risk management strategy
- Increase government accountability for risk management in regards to cybersecurity.
- Ensure that all equipment is purchased from original manufactures or an authorized reseller for added security.
- Create a list of cybersecurity requirement and make sure companies comply with this.
The goal of these recommendations is to strengthen the federal government’s cybersecurity and improve management of the digital security.
David F. Hale founded DHA Group, Inc. in 1994 to provide superior program management and operations support services to agencies within the Federal Government. Since June 2008, DHA has won many contract awards, including a Prime Contractor position on the prestigious Program Management Support Services (PMSS) contract with the FBI. DHA was also awarded an indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract on the FBI’s $30 billion Information Technology Supplies and Support Services (IT Triple S) program to provide supplies, equipment, and IT services to support, maintain, and modernize the Bureau’s IT systems and architectures.
As we continue to expand into new areas of business, DHA remains committed to maintaining our high standards of service excellence.