As a small business owner, you have so much to worry about, from customer service to accounting to sales and everything in between. Unfortunately, many small business owners completely overlook one of the most important aspects of any strong business: Cybersecurity!
“[The] cyber threat is one of the most serious economic and national security challenges we face as a nation” – President Barack Obama
Small Business Cybersecurity Tips
- Cybersecurity Education: before doing anything else, educate your employees about cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity Rules: Put specific behavioral rules in place to protect personally identifiable information.
- Antivirus Software: The easiest step to take as a small business owner is to install antivirus software on your computers. This will protect them against viruses, spyware, and other malicious code. But don’t forget to install any patches and updates as they arise.
- Backup Important Information: Be sure to regularly backup important data on every computer. This includes preadsheets, databases, financial files, human resources files, accounts receivable/payable files, and any other important files.
- Secure WiFi: Make sure your WiFi network is secure and hidden.
- Secure Physical Access: Make sure every computer you own is password protected to deter physical access to your network.
- Contact Working Nets: At Working Nets, we provide top-notch information technology services to companies who don’t require an IT department, but do need reliable assistance when challenges arise. We assure that your vital business data is kept secure if disaster strikes.
David F. Hale founded DHA Group, Inc. in 1994 to provide superior program management and operations support services to agencies within the Federal Government. Since June 2008, DHA has won many contract awards, including a Prime Contractor position on the prestigious Program Management Support Services (PMSS) contract with the FBI. DHA was also awarded an indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract on the FBI’s $30 billion Information Technology Supplies and Support Services (IT Triple S) program to provide supplies, equipment, and IT services to support, maintain, and modernize the Bureau’s IT systems and architectures.
As we continue to expand into new areas of business, DHA remains committed to maintaining our high standards of service excellence.
It’s National Cyber Security Awareness Month – Tips for Safeguarding Your Business U.S. Small Business Association